MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 130+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 15+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
MetaProp is recruiting for a part-time summer intern to support the firm’s portfolio management and startup support activities. Candidates must be able to commit to at least twenty (20) hours per week. This internship will be extremely hands-on in the firm’s Startup Services platform.
This platform is the portfolio management arm of the leading early-stage PropTech fund that supports MetaProp’s current startup investments with real estate network access, talent sourcing, business development, and various other advising and reporting activities. The ideal candidate is passionate about all things tech and has worked in management/tech consulting, corporate strategy/development, or real estate.
We work really hard and accomplish 2X what one can in a corporate setting with a small team of innovative, smart and ambitious people. A person who loves working collaboratively but can get stuff done independently, moves fast, and has limitless curiosity for the evolving real estate technology world would fit in well with our team.
Venture capital, startup, and technology exposure
Interact with high profile institutional real estate partners
Fun, high energy culture
Experience across all functions including strategy, finance, operations, fundraising, and technology
- Startup Services
- Portfolio company talent/recruiting strategy
- Portfolio database updates and follow-ups
- Triaging requests and scheduling check-ins with portfolio tams
- Onboarding new firm investments
- Industry Research
- Prospect, filter and strategically grow vendor & expert network
- Research Venture/angel domain investor landscape
- CRM database and pipeline management
- Content, Community and Events
- Prepare content and organize event hosting logistics for portfolio companies
- Distribute surveys and assist with collection of quarterly investor portfolio reports
- Strategize content and oversee engagement on portfolio company Slack and portfolio dashboard
- General & Administrative
- Special projects as directed by Jenny Silber
Email email@example.com with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.
Through its undergraduate for-credit internship program, MetaProp aims to provide a thorough educational program and hands-on Venture Capital experience that will benefit interns generally in their careers. Interns are not necessarily entitled to a job after the internship ends, and are free to take jobs elsewhere.