MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
The Chief of Staff serves as an extension of the Managing Partner and will help support, project-manage and, in certain cases, lead critical areas of our business. In addition to several ongoing responsibilities, the Chief of Staff manages a small set of special projects at any time. These special projects are temporarily owned by the Chief of Staff and might not yet have a natural home elsewhere in the organization.
The role is an excellent proving ground and learning opportunity for someone who wishes to shadow an executive and learn how to lead more effectively. The Chief of Staff has deep interactions with the entire business including firm strategy and leadership, startup investments, capital markets, investor relations, marketing, HR, finance, accounting, legal and compliance, etc. This is an opportunity to work on the front lines of real estate industry tech and innovation, build sector knowledge in real estate and PropTech, and work with talented entrepreneurs, VCs, limited partners, real estate industry executives, and other key PropTech ecosystem stakeholders.
As award-winning investors, MetaProp’s team is among the most recognized thought leaders in this fast-growing industry and includes respected investment professionals, researchers, best-selling authors, TedX speakers, and professors. Our professionals have backgrounds in real estate, tech startups, investing, banking, and consulting, making us uniquely qualified to support and empower property’s entrepreneur and investor community.
- Leadership team and board management
- Meeting preparation
- Attendance and minutes
- Assist with collaboration and alignment across the firm
- Reporting on firm performance and KPIs
- Project managing follow-ups
- PeopleOps coordination
- Deck preparation for firm-wide all-hands meetings
- Refreshing employee handbook, mpOS, and department playbooks
- Manage internal communications and bi-annual employee NPS surveys
- Schedule and plan company offsites
- Project manage Managing Partner recruiting initiatives and support other hiring managers’ recruiting
- Sales and marketing support
- Prioritizing and supporting select sales and marketing contributions
- Creation and editing of thought leadership
- Special projects
- Other projects as directed by Managing Partner
The Ideal Candidate
- Two to five years of experience in a top tier investment banking or consulting firm and/or extensive start-up work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through writing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Elite project management skills
- Successful history of working independently and within various types of teams
- Comfortable working in uncertain and fast-moving environments
- Alignment with MetaProp’s core values of diversity, integrity, affordability/sustainability and entrepreneurship
- Base salary
- Performance bonus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.