MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
MetaProp is recruiting for a part-time fall intern to support the firm’s venture capital and research activities. We are looking for students in graduate programs (we will also consider recent graduates in certain circumstances). Candidates must be able to commit to at least twenty (20) hours per week.
This internship is “hands-on” in the firm’s venture capital platform, including involvement with the firm’s investment activities, investor/partner relations, portfolio startups’ growth, and internal platform operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about all things tech and has worked at a VC firm, startup, or VC limited partner. We work really hard and accomplish 2X what one can in a corporate setting with a with a small team of innovative, smart and ambitious people. A person who loves working collaboratively but can get stuff done independently, moves fast, and has limitless curiosity for the evolving real estate technology world would fit in well with our team. This specific position is particularly well suited to a candidate who has particular strength in finance, operations, and/or due diligence/research.
Venture, startup and technology exposure
Interact with high profile institutional real estate partners
Fun, high energy culture
Experience across all functions including strategy, marketing, finance, operations, and technology
- Deal Operations
- Source and conduct outreach to deal prospects
- Track deal flow and company progress
- Support new investment diligence
- Financial diligence
- Contribution to white papers and other industry insights
- Industry and prospective client research
- Venture/angel domain investor landscape
- CRM database and pipeline management
- Investor relations
- Prepare and share market information with limited partners
- Lead the preparation of quarterly investor portfolio reports
- Administer investor communication channels and measurement 1
- Portfolio Support and Operations
- Work closely with the team to support existing MetaProp portfolio of companies
- Track portfolio company progress
- Analysis of portfolio and individual portfolio companies
- Follow on financing analysis and assistance
- Special projects as needed
Email email@example.com with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.
Through its undergraduate for-credit internship program, MetaProp aims to provide a thorough educational program and hands-on Venture Capital experience that will benefit interns generally in their careers. Interns are not necessarily entitled to a job after the internship ends, and are free to take jobs elsewhere.