MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 130+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 15+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
The Senior Family Office Salesperson will have the opportunity to help build out the Family Office partnerships function by refining our strategies in a fast-changing market and helping lead investor relations team sales execution. The Senior Family Office Salesperson will work closely with the MetaProp partners, other investor relations professionals, investment, research, marketing, and finance teams. This is an opportunity to work on the front lines of real estate industry tech and innovation, hone partnerships and business development experience, build sector knowledge, and work with talented entrepreneurs, VCs, limited partners, real estate industry executives, and other key stakeholders in the PropTech ecosystem. This hire should expect to make an immediate impact as we continue to establish MetaProp as a preeminent PropTech investor within the venture capital space.
As award-winning investors, MetaProp’s team is among the most recognized thought leaders in this fast-growing industry and includes respected investment professionals, researchers, best selling authors, TedX speakers, and professors. Our professionals have backgrounds in real estate, tech startups, investing, banking, and consulting, making us uniquely qualified to support and empower property’s entrepreneur and investor community. Importantly, this is an ambitious group that is “all in” when it comes to executing on the firm’s vision, leveraging leadership’s successful track record. More specifically, our growing, founder-led investor relations group includes professionals with backgrounds in investment banking, hedge funds, startups, and real estate.
This Senior Family Office Salesperson will be responsible for investment relationships with clients around the globe, with a focus on registered investment advisors (RIAs), single-family offices, multi-family offices, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals in the United States. In general, this hire will assist with mapping the addressable investor market, developing new business opportunities, territory management, and ongoing client service to hit individual sales targets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Relationship sourcing
- Prospecting calls, emails, social media reach-outs to cold leads to secure meetings with new qualified decision-maker investors. Lead sources may include Company-furnished lists from industry databases and/or personally sourced leads from researching and networking, events, etc.
- Prospecting to warm leads via introductions and network of MetaProp and personal connectors
- Developing new potential investor lists from personal research, preqin, etc.
- Relationship management
- Meeting/call follow-up correspondence coordination
- Creating and delivering programmatic nurture campaigns
- Ad-hoc relationship check-ins and updates
- Network and connector activation
- Developing a strong set of expert client, peer, and other helpful practitioners including outsourced investment officers and consultants
- Maintaining relationships with connectors
- Activating connectors for referrals and endorsements when appropriate
- New meetings background on key people, organization, and investment profile
- Deep funnel prospect relationship matrix development and coordination
- Meeting attendance
- Leading / participating
- Building rapport
- Asking qualifying questions
- Pitching products
- Taking detailed notes
- Representing MetaProp via attendance at virtual and IRL local, national, and international investment conferences
- Diligence project management
- Leading responses to existing/prospective client requests and developing new deliverables for calls, meetings, presentations, due diligence questionnaires, data rooms, etc.
- Subscription documentation management
- Supporting all aspects of product development efforts, assisting with collection of client subscription agreements, side-letter agreements and all client onboarding tasks, while tracking and analyzing partnership value add
- Reporting, operations, and administration
- Working in MetaProp’s CRM, including company tracking and logging, and maintaining detailed notes that accurately summarize the status of partnership activities
- Regular daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on sales funnel and opportunities
- Assisting with recruiting, onboarding, and managing junior investor relations team members
- Upholding the firm’s core values of diversity, integrity, and entrepreneurship
- Authoring and publishing market research and opinions from time-to-time
- Assisting with MetaProp investments, accelerator, advisory, events, research, and other business activities and any other activities as directed by your supervisor or Managing Partner
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3-8 years of experience at an investment management or wealth management firm in a client-facing capacity
- An existing network of family office investors, consultants, and influencers
- Sales and/or business development background with a history of meeting or exceeding established targets
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability, with the capacity to understand the inner workings of investment strategies and represent them in appropriate detail to an audience
- Proactive self-starter, high energy, hungry, and an unparalleled work ethic
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to think independently and formulate sound conclusions
- Excellent writing/editing skills; strong verbal communications skills and comfort engaging all levels of firm management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment; ability to execute quickly on new ideas under uncertain circumstances
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Familiarity with Salesforce and other leading CRM systems is a plus
- Alignment with MetaProp’s core values of diversity, integrity, affordability/sustainability, and entrepreneurship
- Willingness to travel extensively if required
- Base salary
- Performance bonus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.