MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
This internship will be extremely hands-on in the firm’s Innovation Services platform. This platform is the management consulting arm of the leading early-stage PropTech fund that supports MetaProp’s Limited Partners, some of the world's most influential real estate companies, with innovation strategy, corporate development, and corporate venture activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about PropTech venture capital, detail-oriented, and comfortable being "client-facing".
Venture capital, startup and technology exposure
Interact with high profile institutional real estate partners
Fun, high energy culture
Experience across all functions including strategy, finance, operations, fundraising, and technology
- Create market maps for crucial technology focuses using our own pipeline, primary and secondary research
- Interview startups to assess commercial applicability for top-tier real estate companies
- Onboard new fund LPs onto Innovation Services Platform
- Develop own perspectives on the future of a particular PropTech vertical (Ex: Future of Retail)
- Preparation of quarterly investor portfolio reports
- Meet with other PropTech investors to source relevant opportunities for our LPs
- Assist in all aspects of building Innovation Services including strategy, operations and business development
Application Process (estimated 2 weeks, depending on schedules)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit
- Interview with the Director of Innovation Services followed by an Associate on the team
- Conduct a "market scan" and give a brief 5-10 presentation of your findings to the Innovation Services team
- Interview with Partner in charge of Innovation Services