MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
MetaProp is recruiting for a full-time fall intern to support the firm’s innovation advisory and research activities. We are looking for students in graduate programs (we will also consider recent graduates in certain circumstances). Candidates must be able to commit to at least forty (40) hours per week.
This internship will be extremely hands-on in the firm’s Investor Services platform. This platform is the management consulting arm of the leading early-stage PropTech fund that supports MetaProp’s Limited Partners with innovation strategy, corporate development and corporate venture activities. In addition, this role will be involved with the firm’s fundraising activities and internal platform operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about all things tech and has worked in management/tech consulting, corporate strategy/development or real estate.
We work really hard and accomplish 2X what one can in a corporate setting with a small team of innovative, smart and ambitious people. A person who loves working collaboratively but can get stuff done independently, moves fast, and has limitless curiosity for the evolving real estate technology world would fit in well with our team.
Venture capital, startup and technology exposure
Interact with high profile institutional real estate partners
Fun, high energy culture
Experience across all functions including strategy, finance, operations, fundraising, and technology
- Advisory/Investor Services
- Create market maps for crucial technology focuses using our own pipeline, primary and secondary research
- Interview startups to assess commercial applicability for top-tier real estate companies
- Develop own perspectives on the future of a particular PropTech vertical (Ex: Future of Retail)
- Industry and prospective client research
- Venture/angel domain investor landscape
- CRM database and pipeline management
- Capital Markets
- Prepare and share pitch materials and market information with new and prospective limited partners
- Conduct prospect research and assist with all business development/capital partnering activities
- Lead the preparation of quarterly investor portfolio reports
Email email@example.com with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.
Through its undergraduate for-credit internship program, MetaProp aims to provide a thorough educational program and hands-on Venture Capital experience that will benefit interns generally in their careers. Interns are not necessarily entitled to a job after the internship ends, and are free to take jobs elsewhere.