MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 130+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 15+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
MetaProp is recruiting for a part-time, for-credit summer intern to support the firm’s capital markets, fundraising, and research activities. Candidates must be able to commit to at least twenty (20) hours per week.
This internship is “hands-on” in the firm’s venture capital platform, including involvement with the firm’s fundraising activities and internal platform operations. We work really hard and accomplish 2X what one can in a corporate setting with a small team of innovative, smart, and ambitious people. A person who loves working collaboratively but can get stuff done independently, moves fast, and has a limitless curiosity for the evolving real estate technology world would fit in well with our team. This specific position is particularly well suited to a candidate who has particular strength in finance, operations, and/or research.
Venture, startup and technology exposure
Interact with high profile institutional real estate and venture partners
Fun, high energy culture
Experience across all functions including strategy, marketing, finance, operations, research and technology
- Capital Markets / Investor Relations
- Prepare and share pitch materials and market information with new and prospective limited partners
- Lead the preparation of quarterly investor portfolio reports
- Administer investor communication channels and assist with measurement of partner engagement
- Keep detailed tracking notes of all partnership activities
- Supporting all aspects of investor relations
- Industry and prospective client research
- Venture/angel domain investor landscape
- CRM database and pipeline management
- Identifying global real estate and institutional investment conferences
- Business Development
- Utilize market intelligence software to identify global partners
- Conduct prospect research and assist with all capital partnering activities
- Vetting attendee lists at global real estate and institutional investment conferences
- Executing campaigns to partnership leads
- Special projects as needed
Email email@example.com with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.
Through its undergraduate for-credit internship program, MetaProp aims to provide a thorough educational program and hands-on Venture Capital experience that will benefit interns generally in their careers. Interns are not necessarily entitled to a job after the internship ends, and are free to take jobs elsewhere.