MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors that represent a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
The Capital Markets Analyst/Associate will have the opportunity to help build out the capital markets function by refining our strategies in a fast-changing market and helping support investor relations team sales execution across all channels. The candidate will work closely with the MetaProp partners, other capital markets professionals, investment, research, marketing, start-up services, and finance teams. This is an opportunity to work on the front lines of real estate industry tech and innovation, hone partnerships and business development experience, build sector knowledge, and work with talented entrepreneurs, VCs, limited partners, real estate industry executives, and other key stakeholders in the PropTech ecosystem. This hire should expect to make an immediate impact as we continue to establish MetaProp as a preeminent PropTech investor within the venture capital space.
As award-winning investors, MetaProp’s team is among the most recognized thought leaders in this fast-growing industry and includes respected investment professionals, researchers, best-selling authors, TedX speakers, and professors. Our professionals have backgrounds in real estate, tech startups, investing, banking, and consulting, making us uniquely qualified to support and empower property’s entrepreneur and investor community. Importantly, this is an ambitious group that is “all in” when it comes to executing the firm’s vision, leveraging leadership’s successful track record. More specifically, our growing, founder-led investor relations group includes professionals with backgrounds in investment banking, hedge funds, startups, and real estate.
This Capital Markets Analyst/Associate will be responsible for investment relationships with clients around the globe, with a focus on the United States. In general, this hire will assist with mapping the addressable investor market, developing new business opportunities, territory management, and ongoing client service to hit individual sales targets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Capital Markets Support
- Prepare and share pitch materials and market information with new and prospective limited partners
- Assisting with responses to existing/prospective client requests and developing new deliverables for calls, meetings, presentations, due diligence questionnaires, data rooms, etc.
- Bridging the capital markets team with other parts of MetaProp (i.e. working with the investment team and marketing team for new deal announcements and follow-on financings).
- Supporting all aspects of product development efforts, assisting with collection of client subscription agreements, side-letter agreements and all client onboarding tasks, while tracking and analyzing partnership value add
- New meetings background on key people, organization, and investment profile
- Supporting all aspects of investor relations
- Relationship sourcing
- Prospecting calls, emails, and social media reach-outs to cold leads to secure meetings with new qualified decision-maker investors. Lead sources may include Company-furnished lists from industry databases (i.e. Preqin), and/or personally sourced leads from researching and networking, event
- Mapping and developing LP analytics to strategize high priority prospects
- Prospecting to warm leads via introductions and network of MetaProp and personal connectors
- Relationship management
- Working in and updating MetaProp’s CRM system, including company tracking and logging, and maintaining detailed notes that accurately summarize the status of partnership activities
- Administer investor communication channels and assist with measurement of partner engagement
- Ad-hoc relationship check-ins and updates via firm-wide nurture campaigns (i.e. fund closes, deal announcements, etc.)
- Assisting with recruiting, onboarding, and managing junior investor relations team members
- Upholding the firm’s core values of diversity, integrity and entrepreneurship
- Authoring and publishing market research and opinions from time-to-time
- Assisting with MetaProp investments, accelerator, advisory, events, research, other business activities, and any other activities as directed by your supervisor or Managing Partner
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-4 years of experience at a buy-side investment firm, an institutional consulting firm, or placement agent in a client-facing capacity
- An existing network (or experience working with) of institutional investors (i.e. pensions, endowments, foundations, consultants, corporates, etc.)
- Sales and/or business development background with a history of meeting or exceeding established targets
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability, with the capacity to understand the inner workings of investment strategies and represent them in appropriate detail to an audience
- Proactive self-starter, high energy, hungry, and an unparalleled work ethic
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to think independently and formulate sound conclusions
- Excellent writing/editing skills; strong verbal communications skills and comfort engaging all levels of firm management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment; ability to execute quickly new ideas under uncertain circumstances
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Familiarity with Salesforce and other leading CRM systems is a plus
- Alignment with MetaProp’s core values of diversity, integrity, affordability/sustainability, and entrepreneurship
- Willingness to travel extensively if required
- Base salary
- Performance bonus
Email email@example.com with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.