Mar 18, 2022
Coming to a City Near You: MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University Regional Alumni Summits
The latest MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University class, one of the most diverse in the history of the program, wrapped-up with a first-of-its-kind “MetaDay” on February 22nd. This cohort included the program’s 50th accelerated startup. Wow!
In celebration of our 50th PropTech startup accelerated, MetaProp is bringing the best of PropTech to key markets around the world via a series of 10 regional “Alumni Summits.” Each MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University Alumni Summit will be hosted by CBRE and will feature speakers, educational panels, and presentations covering cutting-edge real estate technologies with a particular focus on property innovation’s intersection with ESG, Web3/Blockchain, and the Metaverse. Together with program alumni, mentors, and media partner Propmodo, the MetaProp investment team will be visiting with local PropTech startups, investors, and enthusiasts. Invited guests will include accelerator graduates and portfolio CEOs, institutional and industry investors, and local Columbia University alumni; several activities at each Summit will be open to the public. The first Summit kicks off in Los Angeles on March 24th and we will stop in Dallas, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Miami, and Toronto before the end of the year.
Here are some highlights since we launched the program in 2015:
- More than 50 startups accepted into MetaProp Accelerator @ Columbia University programs over 8 program cycles from across the US as well as Canada, UK, France, Israel, Nigeria, and Australia
- Thousands of submitted applications from around the world with a less than 3% acceptance rate
- To-date, accelerated startups have raised over $200m in follow on financing and created hundreds of new jobs
- More than 10% of graduates have exited; acquirers have included News Corp (NWS), Dish Network (DISH), Alarm.com (ALRM), Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) and Alfred
- Engaged hundreds of Columbia University students, alumni, and faculty from CBS, GSAPP, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and Journalism
Our team will be reaching out to each local PropTech community in the coming weeks. In the meantime, register here to be the first to hear about regional Summit dates and programming as well as early access to availability for one-on-one PropTech startup meetings and office hours with MetaProp’s investment team.